Saturday, August 2, 2008

And I'm off

to visit the island I'm so proud of. When people ask me where I'm from my instinct is to say that I'm Puerto Rican yet I've never visited the island. I'm so excited that I know I will definitely not get any sleep tonight. We have to be at the airport by 4:00 am but I love it because we'll be in PR by 8:30am. We have the entire day to explore San Juan...

I've preped the cameras, packed the luggage, taken more toiletries than I know I need but that's the mother in me. D is super excited as well. He loves to sit by the window on the airplane and he's already called it.

I don't know if you've read Ali's blog lately but she had a wonderful post on journaling. I often have a hard time putting my words onto paper but she had a wonderful suggestion of just telling the story to someone and applying those words into your journaling ... I can definitely talk and express myself so I really believe this is the approach I'll be taking in documenting this trip. You should definitely go and read that post. (I'm too tired and busy to link it, sorry :-().
Well ladies, please keep me and my family in your prayers that we have a safe and fun journey. I can't wait to share my wonderful experiences with you. I'll miss reading your blogs but I'll be back in a week and back into my wonderful routine I call life. I have so many scrapbooking projects but I think this trip will be my "Top Priority."

I'll leave you with some photos of the Thank You cards I did for all my scrappy friends that joined me for my birthday at Scrapbook Central. Hope you like.















Peace Out!!! Happy Scrappin...

5 comments:

alma said...

Mi pequeña amiga Ady,te deseo mucha suerte en tu viaje espero que te diviertas muchisimo y por su puesto que regresen muy bien de salud. Que el Dios todo poderoso los cuide y los proteja en todo momento.
Besos.Alma

Anna M said...

Have fun! I can't wait to see all the photos!

Maritza said...

I'm off myself this morning. Have fun in PR. It will be awesome.

~Nancy~ said...

Happy belated birthday girlie!!!!! So excited for you that you've had such a wonderful day surrounded by all of your scrappy friends! Wish I could have joined you!!!!

Have a fun and safe trip!!! Just can't wait to read all about it when you're back!! XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

ooooh...can't wait to see all of your pictures! hurry back!