Monday, July 23, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me!!!

Yes, today is the day that I turn one year older. But it wasn't just any other day for me, it was an amazing day spent with my DH (Jorge) and my beautiful son (D'Angelo). It's funny because I didn't want to do anything special for myself this year but I ended up celebrating it for four days. Let's recap: On Friday night, I went to dinner at Los Ranchos with my in-laws. Of course dinner is always delicious there and the company was great. I haven't spent much time with them lately so that was good.

Saturday, I spent the day with my family and later that night Vanessa (my BFF), Richard, Jorge and I went to dinner at Caps Place. It's a cool restaurant because the only way there is by boat but I was a bit disappointed because it looked like Gilligan's Island when we arrived. It's very old and run down but the food was great and the time flew by. I guess it was the awesome company we had. I had Mahi Mahi (which by the way is my favorite fish now). Jorge took a million pictures of us so that's great because we have plenty to scrap.
Sunday, I spent a wonderful day scrapping with Vane and Rena. I started a clear acrylic album which is turning out so cute but of course I haven't finished it yet. But the highlight of my day were the birthday presents I received from Vanessa. Let's just say that I got a Amy Butler pink tote with every pocket filled with scrapbook goodies. Can I hear a Whooohooo!!!

Monday, my actually b-day was spent doing what I do best (shopping). My DH took me to two scrapbook stores to pick up some embellies I need to finish the acrylic album.. We visited my grandma at the hospital and she gave me wonderful kisses. (those are priceless) and we headed to Miami's Design District for some retail therapy and lunch at Michael's Genuine. It was a great day to spend with my family.

I can't wait to scrap all the fun I had this weekend. Hope you enjoy the pics...

3 comments:

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY again!!!! I'm so glad that you had such a great weekend. It was a blast! I loved the idea of filling up your Tote with goodies :-) I only wish the other kit from WIP had arrived, too, but I received an email and it's on its way. Yeah! Can't wait to scrap some more with you soon... Hugs!

~Nancy~ said...

Happy belated birthday girlie! Seems like you've had a great day with loots of presents (wow.. these scrapgoodies look soo yummie!) Love the fun pictures!! XOXO Nancy

Lisa said...

happy belated birthday!! sounds like you had an AWESOME one!! i wish i had hip scrap friends to give me cool presents! haha! love all the goodies and can't wait to see what you do with them!! :)