Friday, August 24, 2007

Scrapbook

the everyday things in your life. I've been reading a lot preparing to begin my daily journal for a class at CKU that I'm taking in October with Ali Edwards. The class is called "A Week in the Life". She's going to teach us how to capture the everyday moments that make up our life and document it...
So, I did a layout on how I'm feeling today. This has been a very difficult week for me. School started on Monday and I had so many expectations for D and I really thought he had outgrown some of his bad school habits. This summer at camp was wonderful and I had a complain free summer.

I had three conferences this week. Yes count them 3! and we have only had five days of school. Needless to say that he has an amazing teacher that I pray will break him down and teach him that she is the boss in school.

I have done everything I possibly know how to get through to him but nothing has worked. Today I broke down and all I've done is cry... What will next week bring??? I'm scared, hopeful and anxious. This is how I feel today....

Journaling reads: D'Angelo, at times I feel as if I'm failing you because I cannot make you understand the importance of behaving in school and following directions. It hurts me to scream and punish you but at times thats all I have because reasoning and explaining just does not sink in. I pray for patience so that I can better guide you, to show you the potential you have to do amazing things in your life. All I've ever wanted was to be a good mother and I know that deep down inside that I'm a great mom and I also know that you are an amazing son. We need to take a step back and get to our happy place again. I love you with all my heart and soul and I know we can get through this together...

TFL... and have a great weekend...

1 comment:

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

You are an amazing Mom so don't ever doubt yourself. I know that D will learn to behave himself better soon and you will find that happy place again. Your LO and the journaling are very personal and heartfelt. Love ya, girlie!