Monday, November 24, 2008

Daisy diner Scrap Off

I was surfing the web and visiting my favorite sites and I came across a contest by Cocoa Daisy called Scrap Off and decided to join in on the fun. I created this layout in about an hour. I don't know if I made it in time for the contest but I really wanted to dig into my photos from Ohio. It felt good to scrap even if it was only for 30 minutes.

Check out what Cocoa Daisy is doing this holiday season. I'm so proud to be a part of a community that cares so much... If your able, please join in and you even might win some great scrapbook products.

"Making a difference" Food Drive

We’ve all heard the gloomy economic news this fall, the dizzying drop in the markets, the increasing numbers of unemployed, falling home values and hard hit retailers. We have all been affected in some way by this crisis, but those hardest hit are those least able to afford it. The demand for food assistant during these rough times has increased at a staggering rate and food banks are being stretched to the breaking point by the volume of need they are encountering.

Scrapbookers are women known for their generosity and for rallying behind a cause. I want to help the international scrapbook community join together during the holiday season to do what we can to help alleviate hunger both here in the US and around the world. In light of this goal, Cocoa Daisy is sponsoring an internet food drive. We are asking scrapbookers to do their part to help their local food banks by bringing in whatever they can spare. And we in turn, to help drive this charitable giving, will hold a FABULOUS drawing full of amazing prizes!!!
If you’d like to get involved, here’s what you need to do.
  • Gather up your donation and go to wherever you are donating it – a drop box at a school, a food bank, your church, etc.
  • Then, take a photo of you and your donation.
  • Upload it to the Cocoa Daisy Gallery and include a caption with your photo and the number of items you donated.
  • For every 5 items you donate, your name will be entered into the drawing.
  • If you would rather not or are unable to physically bring food to a shelter you can make donations through our store, in $5 increments, and those donations will be distributed to food banks around the country. For every $5 donated, your name will be entered into the drawing once.
  • On December 20th Cocoa Daisy will close the food drive and draw winners for all the super prizes from our very generous sponsors.

3 comments:

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Great layout! I love that photo of you at the store - my fave store! He, he, he! Love your journaling. We should hit the antique stores in Homestead one day and check it out. I saw the Cocoa Daisy food drive post, and I'd love to join in as well... that's such a great thing they're doing.

Trish said...

Well, of course you are doing something sweet!! It is just like you! Not surprised at all...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving my friend! Beautiful lo, too...

Hugs!

~Nancy~ said...

Hey there girlie! I hope you guys had an awesome Thanksgiving yesterday!!! just wanted to stop by and say HI! It's been a while since I stopped by but I'm not forgetting about you and Vanessa! XOXO