Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Recap

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Mine was wonderfully spent with family. Our day started early at my brother's house. We were a bit creative this year with the Turkey. We ordered a Turdukhen. Yes, you read it right. We ate turkey, duck and chicken filled with cornbread stuffing. It looked so beautiful when you sliced it. As far as the taste, it all tasted like Turkey. I made the greenbean and sweet potato casserole. It's always a hit. Later in the day we headed to my brother in law's house but I was so full I only tasted the turkey but we hung out for hours at their home. We always have so much fun with them. Our joke to the men is that we haven't finished talking. They laugh at us because we can talk for hours without taking a breath.
















We left their house way to late... I paid for it on Friday night because my niece, Damaris and I hit the stores at 3:45am. Black Friday is a tradition that I hope to do for many, many, many years to come. I didn't get home until 6:00pm but I'm at 98% done so whohooo!!! I am one happy Puerto Rican... But wait... I slept from 7:00pm until the next day and then I had a migraine all Saturday long... Aghhh... I would so do it again in a heartbeat.


Today we bought our Christmas tree. It's beautiful and I hope to decorate it tomorrow. I also hope to start my Daily December project tomorrow as well. We'll see what I actually accomplish. I'm off to finish gift wrapping all the presents.

Goodnight

P.S. Guess what we finally finished? Yes, the Election Scrapbook is done and will be out of this house tomorrow morning. We better get an A on this project. I say WE because I worked my butt off too.

6 comments:

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Hey girl!!! So glad to see your election project (I mean, D's project) finished!!! Your Thanksgiving pics are beautiful... glad you enjoyed Turkey Day and all the shopping. My Turkey Day was OK, a little "crampy" and missing my loved ones, but OK... Love ya!!!

Maritza said...

OMG I need to rest. You are one busy PR. God bless you and all that energy. I need some. Looks like a great project.

bwgayoso said...

Girly! First of all, love, love, love that election album! I've got to see it! Glad you had a great Turkey Day!

Dayami said...

Hi Ady,
Looks like you had a great time. I *have* heard of turdukhen, in fact I can make one ;) Gosh, I have been watching the Food Network for too long, lol ;)

Anonymous said...

And now we are getting ready for Christmas!!! WOOHOO!!!! :) More pictures!! She will never finish all her scrapbooking...but I know she will do her best. :)

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to see your december daily album! mine is assembled, but now it's just waiting for me to start putting photos/journaling in it...yikes!