Sunday, October 24, 2010

Life is wonderful.

I spent an amazing weekend with my son.  No fighting, no tantrums, no attitude, no confrontations. We did lots of talking, baking, eating, shopping, tv time, homework, scrapping and snuggling.  We miss Jorge tramendously but we made the most of the weekend and we are ready for a new week.  

I have the most amazing friends. Damaris invited me over for some one on one scrapping time. It felt so good to cut paper, talk and put together a scrapbook page. I'm not finished but it still felt good... Vane and Richard came over a visit on Saturday.   I know they love me and just wanted to make sure I was ok on my own. Thank you girls, I LOVE YOU...  

Today we went on a Target spree. It's so wonderful when you can go to one store and buy clothes, costumes and groceries. Two hundred dollars and two hours later we were home and I needed a nap. LOL I've been tormented for weeks because my son didn't want a costume for Halloween. He kept saying he was too big to dress up, really 11 is too old to dress up. I couldn't accept that so I kept pushing almost forcing him to get a costume until he finally told me he didn't like to go to the halloween store because the props scared him. Poor thing... He's gotten so big that I think he shouldn't be afraid of anything but he is who he is and I have to accept that.  Guess what? Target is not so scary but he thinks his costume is and I am one HAPPY momma.  He loves his costume and he says that the best part is that he doesn't have to smile when I take my 200 photos. HAHAHAHA


Aren't these adorable... My amazing talented friend Trish sent me this recipe for marshmellow ghost that I couldn't resist making.  I packaged them up for Vane's Halloween party.  They are deliciously sweet.



I leave you with a photo of my sofa table. I was inspired to do a bit of decorating this year.  I'm off to do some scrapbooking before the night ends.


xoxo,
Ady

5 comments:

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

I'm glad you had a nice weekend :) And that D has a scary costume -- pretty cool!! He looks like a mini Richard grim reaper. Hee! Love those little ghosts. How cute are they??? xoxo

Damaris said...

So glad you enjoyed your weekend. I love that recipe...looks super yummy. It is fun to scrap...even better with good friends. :)
Hugs,
Me

RiNNE said...

Yay for shopping, scrapping, good times with your friend and son, decorating, and blogging! I, too, spent over $200 at my last Target rendezvous. Great pics!

Uniquely Ella said...

Love the story of your son, and it all worked out. I think that at 11 they are still little. I would of made a bad mom. For me kids do no wrong.
Love how you decorated the sofa table, just gorgeous. You must feel so happy every time you look at it.
Such pretty treats treats! YUM.
xxx
Marlene

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Target is evil! I can never leave there without spending at least $50! We just a grocery section put in and I just LOVE it! :)

What adorable ghosts! You have to send me the recipe! :)